Happy New Year on behalf of the #GeenieBox family! We hope that your holidays were full of love and laughter and we wish you nothing but prosperity in 2017. If you are following us on Instagram and Facebook, then you would already received some exciting news.
We are beyond elated to announce that The Budgetnista, Tiffany Aliche is our January Geenie. Tiffany is an award-winning teacher of financial empowerment and is quickly becoming America's favorite, personal financial educator. She is the author of two #1 Amazon bestsellers, The One Week Budget and Live Richer Challenge. Tiffany and her financial advice have been featured in The New York Times, Reuters, US News and World Report, the TODAY show, PBS, Fox Business, MSNBC, CBS MoneyWatch, TIME, ESSENCE Magazine, and FORBES. Thank you Tiffany for joining the Geenie family!
In many ways, Tiffany inspires us to live richer. We are propelled to be better entrepreneurs and goal setters. Tiffany's successful journey is awe-inspiring and her gems of wisdom keep us entrepreneurially focused and financially accountable. Here's a bit more background on Tiffany's path to financial wizardry:
- Tiffany taught preschool in Newark, NJ and read Essence Magazine during her students' naptime. A few years later, she got a call from Essence who wanted her to deliver a keynote on personal finance at the 2016 Essence Festival for its first ever Money and Power event. She reminds us of the importance of realizing your dreams and believing in yourself. Watch the full video about her Road to Essence.
- Tiffany is the creative force behind Dream Catchers: LIVE RICHER, a Facebook group of over 168,000 women. She has also amassed hundreds of thousands of followers across her social media channels. Her community building emphasizes the importance of building and engaging followers around topics and interests that are pertinent to them. For us, we value the celebration and upliftment of the geenie and genius in magical Black girls.
Tiffany also heads up the Live Richer Challenge: Credit Edition which helps women from around the world raise their credit scores and clean up their credit reports in just 22 days (free to sign up here). Here are some tips we've found to be most helpful from the Live Richer Challenge: Credit Edition:
- Your ability to pay bills on time holds the most weight when calculating your credit scores. Payment history and amounts owed account for 65% of our score.
- Tap into your tribe for a financial jumpstart and become an authorized user. "Ask a close, trusted family member to add you on as an authorized user of one of their credit cards in good standing. You’ll be able to inherit their good behavior with the card."-Tiffany "TheBudgenista" Aliche, Live Richer Challenge.
- Pay your bills automatically. Use the 'Bill Pay' feature offered by your bank to send out automatic payments to cover your bills. That way, you always pay your bills on time and over time, your credit score improves.
What have you learned from Tiffany?
Till Next Time,
Sales for this month's GeenieBox are only available until tomorrow, 1/18 at 11:59 PM EST. We reopen on February 1st with a brand new subscription box curated by February's Geenie. Each month's box includes an encouraging note from an iconic black woman, a great book to inspire you to transform your wildest dream into a reality, beauty and wellness products to nurture you along your success story, and access to VIP experiences to kick your networking and goal-getting to the next level. Unleash your geenie (the genius and genie) in you.